War and Peace 2015

Antworten
Ian Simpson

War and Peace 2015

Beitrag von Ian Simpson »

Hallo Alle
Here is a link to my photobox album of this years War and Peace show in Kent.
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/3573182707

Ian
Jens O. Mehner
Call me Shrek...

Beitrag von Jens O. Mehner »

... I am green with envy. Spectacular show and it seems that the number of fantasy pieces is dwindling as well, which is a welcome trend.

Thanks for showing

Jens O.
Neu bei SMT Plus: BW/EDW/NATO/WP- und US-Kanister in vielen Ausführungen, neue cal. 50 und vieles mehr.

Information not shared is information lost.

1/87er, die feinmotorisch flinke Elite des Modellbaus.
Thomas Weißflog

Re: War and Peace 2015

Beitrag von Thomas Weißflog »

Hi Ian!
Many thanks for looking your pictures!
Im selve was in my hollydays in Zeithain between Dresden and Leipzig nearly Riesa town, in the east of river Elbe.
it was a nice meeting of old militarry trucks, cars and bikes.
The most of them was vihicles of east Germany, Cech Republic and former USSR.
But in the run of the years came a lot of military vihicles there built in the west of europe.

The military-vihicle-meeting in saxonia was not so great like the event at the war and peace show, but it`s a famaly feeling in the little, exclusive place.

The area is in a former soviet munition field camp, nearly the barracks of the german army to day.
The chief of the area is a forrest-man in diuty of the german army (Bundeswehr) .

It was a verry nice time in my hollydays. With sleepin in a tent, washing with cold water, cocking on a open fire, tell some thinks with old friends and wie drunk a lot of bottles of a golden nice fluidum...

This was it in the short...

I whish you a nice time!

Best regardes,

Thomas
Heinz Peters

Beitrag von Heinz Peters »

Hello Ian,

thanks for your interesting photos.
I was on the Hope Farm in 2007 and my enthusiasm was indescribable! And for everyone who has never been there, this exhibition is unimaginable!
I believe there is nothing comparable in the world! Each military vehicle enthusiast must have been there at least once, I mean!
But I'm surprised because I believe having heard last year that this annual event would take place no more! Or did the location changed?

Best regards
Heinz
Ian Simpson

Beitrag von Ian Simpson »

Hi Guys.
Thanks for the nice comments. The show is best described as organised chaos and its size is mind-blowing - I only went for a day and did not see everything. The rumours of it ending are due to the organiser saying that he has had enough of running it after 25 years but it will carry on next year with a new team running the show and it has moved to Folkestone racecourse (which is currently out of use for horse racing) but does have the benefit of being situated just a few minutes away from the Eurostar tunnel terminus and so makes it easier for European participants and visitors to get to. The old Hop farm was a nicer place to see all the vehicles in but for convenience the new venue is so much better.
Ian
Antworten