Aus Schweden

Re: Aus Schweden

Beitragvon Ola Ahlström » Di 25. Jul 2017, 19:15

Got 13 tanks back from my brother today. Now it´s up to me to get decals on them and to do the final painting.

Bild

One tractor, two strv m/37, three strv m/38, two strv m/40 and five strv m/41.

I also got a Pbil m/41 back. This time my brother did al the painting an the decals as it will included in an article in next issue of Soldat&Teknik. Al credit to "Öken-Erik".

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

When looing at the Pbil m/41 I can see that I should have paid more attention to the area below the headlights. There is remains from the printing left.

/Ola
Ola Ahlström

Beitragvon Ola Ahlström » Do 31. Aug 2017, 19:16

The strv 81 almost ready;

Bild

Bild

Bild

And then as Strv 81 no 81341 placed on SJ Sdu no 100407

Bild

/Ola
Ola Ahlström

Beitragvon Ola Ahlström » Mo 4. Sep 2017, 22:19

Another RR-car built for transportation of military equipment, the Oa-class. 100 of these car was built in 1949 to transport the heavy (?) tanks m/42. They could also be used to transport two 10-12 ton tanks.

Bild

Still some works left to be done to the car.

/Ola
Ola Ahlström

Beitragvon Ola Ahlström » Do 28. Sep 2017, 21:01

Got two strv 103B from Arctic Skunk / Shapeways yesterday. It´s one with dozer blade and one without. Altogether 290 strv 103 was built, 70 of them strv 103A, and in 1968 the strv 103B was introduced. Later al 290 was rebuilt into strv 103C.

The tanks equipped three armoured brigades and two independent tank battalions.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

There was a machine gun included on the model but it was so fragile as I by accident broke those of and they were lost in the sink.

/Ola
Ola Ahlström

Beitragvon Ola Ahlström » So 8. Okt 2017, 22:17

Did find another producer on Shapeways, Kampfflieger Models, that makes a Swedish tank model in 1/87 scale - the LK II.

Bild

It´s close to the model from Swedish producer Modellproduktion that I have showed earlier.

At the moment the model are with my brother to get a "winter camouflage" as I need it to my third part of the article on military transportation on rail.

Bild

I have "cleaned up" the model and it got a coat of black primer.

/Ola
Ola Ahlström

Beitragvon Ola Ahlström » Mi 11. Okt 2017, 16:02

I try to combine my two hobbies, building model railroad and military models in 1/87 scale. While doing this I also thought about writing an article for a Swedish magazine and so after some five years I finally managed to get the first of three articles ready.

Bild

It will be published in Modelljärnvägsmagasinet issue 31 next month.

Bild

In this first part I will have a look at three different periods (mid thirties, mid forties and mid eighties) and se what Swedish military and railway regulations and instructions say about transportation of military equipment on open railcars. The next article will be on what sort of Swedish railcars in 1/87 scale that can be used and in the final article I will show and list what exist in Swedish military models in 1/87 scale to equip the railcars.

/Ola
Ola Ahlström

Beitragvon Ola Ahlström » Fr 13. Okt 2017, 15:19

Got the two strv 103B back from my brother. They have now got a military green colour and it´s now my turn to paint the track and get some decals on them.

As I wrote befor it´s a model from Arctic Skunk / Shapeways. It´s the best printed model yet, at least that´s my opinion.

Her follows some pictures;

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Now I will have a look at reference books.

Bild

/Ola
Ola Ahlström

Vorherige

Zurück zu Werkstatt